magyar moon

magyar moon

Saturday, October 3, 2015

IN AN AUTUMN MODE

Three of my favorite artists in an autumn mode.

John Atkinson Grimshaw (1836-1893)

Charles Wysocki (1928-2002)

Jasper Francis Cropsey (1823-1900)




John Atkinson Grimshaw

 The Haunted House

 Autumn Morning

 An Autumn Lane

November Moonlight

 Autumn Gold


A Manor House in Autumn


Silver Moonlight


Charles Wysocki

Monty the Cat

 Dinner Call

 Butternut Farm

 Pumpkin Hollow


 Memory Maker




Jasper Francis Cropsey




Autumn Landscape
Sunset at Eagle Cliff



White Mountain Scenery


Sunset at Camel's Hump Lake

8 comments:

  1. What a nice post. With summer over, I have finally greeted fall with open arms and the joys of it...wrapping in warm blankets, the taste of a warming liquor, candles light. I really enjoyed the art of John Atkinson Grimshaw. All the works had me creating a story for each one. I love art that makes you wonder what spirits may live there, and what history went on in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a bit of a Grimshaw feeling about London this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No contest.... I'll have seconds of some Grimshaw!
    A fleeting mindset, perhaps, but I feel I could stroll into any of his scenes and feel totally at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all beautiful. Enjoyed this post so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent selections on a favorite theme --autumn has a light unlike any other season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked some terrific examples of autumnal paintings. The Grimshaw works have a deliciously eerie atmosphere about them, and the Cropseys are kind of romantic. The ones by Wysocki remind me of folk art with an "off-kilter" perspective.

    ReplyDelete