magyar moon

magyar moon

Monday, November 30, 2015

VINTAGE XMAS ADS

It's the holiday season! Bring on the vintage ads! I love the unintentional (?) humor of the good ol' days. 

Presented in no particular order - with no particular reason.


 Bring a few logs home and start a fire
The Pajama Company
jammie ads


A family that slays together -
stays together.
Sears & Roebuck

Wow! A rifle!
Just what your demented kid needs.


Xmas foot fetish



 Hoover induces ecstasy


Too much holiday whiskey 
yields mayhem and destruction

 What could possibly be worse than cold Dr. Pepper?


Probably best to keep your kids away from this Santa......



Unnerving Christmas Eve
(I used this ad in a previous post but couldn't resist rehashing it)

 Nothing says Merry Christmas
like a vibrating bra 

....and you can get a fake tan while your boobies are vibrating.....




 A dubious-looking Santa


I think this babe is stewed to the whiskers


(after consuming enough Budweiser, Mrs. Claus will be easy to please)

   Who can carve up a ham better than OJ?


A thoughtful and useful gift
(actually, 3.50 postpaid isn't bad....)
 

 If you hate fruitcake, a Jell-O fruitcake just might change your mind

(okay, it's a plum pudding, not a fruitcake....what the hell is the difference?)



A xylophone, an amplifier, and a cheap Debbie Reynolds lookalike.
A perfect Christmas tradition.



A kid holding Zippo lighters by his ass


 Frightening Fries


Hey, sweetie, that's what you think....

 A useful Xmas present


I seem to be getting tacky here at the end. So shoot me........


visit my other blog:
Lone Wolf Concerto  














 

22 comments:

  1. What woman wouldn't love a new ironing board for Christmas? Ha ha I used to drink hot Dr. Pepper. Gonna have to do that again some cold night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can iron in a vibrating bra. I've never had purposefully hot Dr. Pepper.

      Delete
  2. Seriously scary that someone'd think we'd be over the moon for a vacuum cleaner or ironing board! I'd never heard of a vibrating bra (thank God!), but remember all the ads in the Sunday comics for Daisy rifles? (I wanted ... never got.)

    PS - Like Paula, I used to warm Dr. Pepper on the stove top w/ lemon slices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, those were the good old days when women were kept barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen (*smile*).

      I've never heard of consuming hot Dr. Pepper until I saw that ad. Perhaps I'll try it in an insane moment of total abandon.....

      Delete
  3. Is the second ad the Palin Family Christmas card? Hoover induces ecstasy. My current guy the Lad, is referred to as Hoover. And he induces ecstasy. That's all I'm saying. And the un-nerving ad? I wonder what the point of it was? It is creepy. These are all great ads....very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they look too normal to be the Palins.
      I found several Hoover Christmas ads, and I had some good captions that couldn't be used on a public blog.

      Delete
  4. Wicked fun! I laughed at them all, especially the Texotica tattooed xylophone-playing faux debbie reynolds, but least at OJ --who has creeped me out permanently. Great selections, Jon. Great captions too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to make you laugh, Geo. I always have fun making up the captions. The xylophone-faux-Reynolds ad is one of my favorites because it's so bizarre (what's with the tattoos??).

      The creepy OJ ad startled me.

      Delete
    2. I think the picture on the June tan Westinghouse sunlamp ad is hilarious.

      Delete
  5. I am reading these at 3:30a on 12/1/15. I am a sick bastard.

    give me a hoover or an ironing board and I'll kick you in the nuts (not you personally, and my spouse knows better). my fave is the first poster - yeah, so damn subtle there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These ads were made to be seen at ungodly hours.
    I actually haven't seen an ironing board in 30 years, at least.

    I've brought a helluva lot of logs home in my time, but I only had to drag a few......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana.
      They are a lot different from the ads of today!

      Delete
  8. I am married to someone who would get excited about the right vacuum cleaner - he is one-in-a-million.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A vibrating bra, huh? Well, makes sense. After all, girls start out wearing a training bra; after that, they need to exercise those puppies to keep 'em in shape. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All we need now is a vibrating bra that plays Jingle Bells.

      Delete
  10. I would love to find the last guy under my tree! It would be fun to unwrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Hoover often induces ecstasy. Just saying.
    Jean-Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only Hoovers could talk - - the stories they could tell.....

      Delete