Even though I dislike nominations and awards, I want to thank sweet Anne Marie for including Cabinet in her list of nominations for the Liebster.
My next step in this process is to nominate 11 other blogs for this award. I'll politely pass on this - since I don't like to play favorites.
Now I have to answer these 11 questions:
1. Which literary genre do you prefer?
As a voracious reader I like almost anything, but I'm not particularly fond of science fiction or fantasy - - although I do like H.G.Wells and Jules Verne, and for some inexplicable reason I enjoyed Dune by Frank Herbert.
2. Why did you start blogging?
Writing is a great catharsis and blogging is a reasonable channel for emotional outlet. There's also a slight sense of exhibitionism in bloggers.
3. Order or chaos?
Even though I prefer order, my entire life has been alarmingly chaotic.
4. Where would you like to live?
In an unattainable Utopia of peace and prosperity, where pain, anguish, and worry were non-existent.
5. Starry sky or sunset?
I love the prelude of a sunset and the sublime symphony of a starry night.
6. Better the paper book or rather the e-book?
Paper, tangible, delicious paper. To hell with e-books.
7. What is the writing for?
My writing? Blogging?? It's a satisfying form of self-expression.
8. What do you think about social networks?
9. TV or not TV?
I wasted my valuable time with TV for too many years. I presently don't have a TV and I don't miss it.
10. Favorite food
I'll eat almost anything but sushi. Italian, Hungarian, German, Mexican.
11. Favorite music genres
Classical - and almost anything else, except Rap. Rap isn't music - - it's an unrelentingly mindless annoyance.
Okay, now I'm supposed to list 11 random things about myself.
1. I'm ambidextrous.
2. I'm a natural blonde and I can prove it.
3. I used to write erotic fiction under two pseudonyms.
4. I performed a piano concerto with a symphony orchestra when I was 20.
5. I like to eat potato chips with mustard.
6. I'm an introvert.
7. I'm prone to anxiety attacks.
8. I lost part of the hearing in my right ear long ago when someone threw a firecracker at me (it exploded on my shoulder).
9. I worked as a movie extra in Hollywood.
10. I'm notoriously nocturnal.
11. I'm one of the most interesting persons I know.
The End. And not a moment too soon.
you can check out my other blog at