magyar moon

magyar moon

Thursday, February 25, 2016

WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG

Have we all really changed much since we were kids? See if you can guess who these celebrities are.
You'll have to scroll slowly so you don't see the answers.
(I tried to space these photos evenly, but Blogger won't cooperate)


Is this a Martian
or a real kid?


It's John Travolta
(no kidding)








Barbra Streisand










Dolly Parton




A once-famous duo
(no, it's not Bonnie and Clyde)


Sonny and Cher

Just look at that face
and picture it with a ten gallon hat
 
 John Wayne


 Nope, it's not John Wayne


Marlon Brando
"Hey, STELLA!!!"




 This one surprised me

Elvis Presley




Julie Andrews


 purposefully red


Lucille Ball






 Elizabeth Taylor



Made a film with Liz Taylor


 James Dean




Made a film with Liz Taylor

Rock Hudson



Made three films with Liz


Montgomery Clift



 Never made a film with Liz,
but made one with everybody else

Cary Grant


Doesn't give a damn, frankly

Clark Gable 

 
Southern belle, from England

Vivian Leigh






















Judy Garland




"What a dump!"
 Bette Davis


Joan Crawford

 




Jack Nicholson




??? 


  Has definitely seen better days.....
Well, hell -
I couldn't resist





21 comments:

  1. I only got three right without your clues - one was you but I'd seen the picture before so maybe that was cheating. I was guessing John Wayne was Edgar G. Robinson until I saw the 10 gallon hat clue. Funny how Elvis had that smirk even as a little guy. This was fun even if I am terrible at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to give more clues but figured I'd better not over-do it.

      Delete
  2. Surprised myself by getting Elvis right, and a few others but mainly just enjoyed each surprise whether I identified them or not. Enjoyed captions too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I wouldn't have guessed it was Elvis. To me it looked more like Donald Trump.

      Delete
  3. Those eyes are a bit much, but I think baby Travolta was adorable.
    Streisand? Even as a girl, she looks like a royal pain. (Not a fan.)

    Liz Taylor's eyes were a dead give-away, but most were a surprise. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never warm up to Streisand. She's full of herself, and - quite frankly - her singing isn't always that great.

      Delete
  4. In my opinion Montgomery Clift was one of the most handsome actors to ever grace the screen. I'd gladly been a lover of his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was certainly one helluva cute kid. It's a shame that the accident ruined his good looks.

      Delete
  5. john revolting IS a martian.

    liz and rock were easy to pick out; the others I had to either rely on your clues or be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never liked Travolta....or Streisand.... but, then, I'm hard to please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no to la barbra? you need to surrender your gay card immediately! ;-)

      Delete
    2. Aw, heck...I can tolerate her.....most of the time....(can I keep my card?)

      Delete
    3. ok, since you put it that way...you can keep your gay card! :)

      Delete
  7. Little Elvis has the same little lip curl!

    And Lucy? Oh.So.Glam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody can do a lip curl quite like Elvis. And everybody does love Lucy.

      Delete
  8. Great pictures! I only guessed right on about half of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half isn't bad at all. You've definitely passed the test.

      Delete
  9. This was fun! I was able to guess 85%, so do I get a B+? Jack Nicholson left me clueless...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck, you deserve more than a B+. How about Almost an A .
      Nicholson was one of the most difficult. I've never before seen a picture of him as a kid.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I regret putting in the last one, but .....what the heck....

      Delete