magyar moon

magyar moon

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

PIERRE ET GILLES

Pierre et Gilles
Long-time partners Pierre and Gilles have created an impressive array of unique creations which incorporate photography and art.  Always colorful, often erotic, consistently fascinating.

Pierre Commoy is the photographer.
Gilles Blanchard is the painter.

Unfortunately I don't know the titles or dates for all of these, but I've tried to identify some. 

 Pierre and Gilles
then....

....and now

Narcissus

Mercury

portrait of Lady Swinton 1996
(Tilda Swinton)

 Medusa



Adam and Eve

Pharaon

Oreste

Le pecheur de perles 1992



Claudia Cardinale

Saint Lucy

Saint Martin de Porres

St. Sebastian 1997

 Peter Pan



 Boy George

David and Jonathan 2005

Thierry Mugler 

 Le Triangle Rose
Laurent Combes
1993

7 comments:

  1. Jon, this is my first look at the work of Commoy and Blanchard. The portraits of Tilda Swinton and Boy Geo. are wonderful. Their work has a magic to it that elevates the essential. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen some of these, and many are new, but I'd never seen the artists before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbed wire and candles. That is an odd combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely talented.
    Oreste? I imagine he's trying to appear so desirable, but I got a case of the giggles.
    Pharaon is certainly arresting. Reminds me of a young Yul Brenner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the one of Thierry Mugler. I'm a fan of his ANGEL, Alien and AMEN perfume and colonge. But all the others are equally fascinating. I see myself as the Lady in the Hat.

    ReplyDelete