magyar moon

magyar moon

Sunday, July 3, 2016

INDEPENDENCE DAY

I haven't been in the mood to post lately and had no clue what to post for the 4th of July. I decided to offer an unconnected, inane ramble of absolute nothingness.

Whatever your plans, have a glorious Fourth of July!





 Why do we celebrate the 4th of July??
It's true - - some Americans are clueless

  Retro mail order fireworks ad
Yup, what better way to purchase dangerous explosives than through the good ol' U.S. Mail?


Firecrackers
"Made in Macau Kee Chong Hong"
(somehow, that doesn't quell my apprehension)


 Politically incorrect postcard


The kid is ready to blow up the neighborhood
(or himself)

 Old postcard
"Photograph your boy before the 4th of July -
you might not get a chance after"


 1907 postcard

 circa 1905
bizarre baby with firecracker

Spooky girl for Sunbeam Bread 

Frightening boy
with skinless wieners 

 Let's feed Fido a firecracker!
another tasteless retro postcard

 "Celebrate safely with a reliable firearm and blank cartridges"
Holy Crap!


It's an undisputed fact:
Elvis looks exactly like the Statue of Liberty 


.....so does Ronald McDonald.....

 Marilyn

Patriotic Retro Babe
Joan Marsh, 1931
(I thought it was the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz....)

 Patriotic Retro Babe
Arline Judge, 1932


Anonymous Patriotic Babe
Makes me proud to be an American

14 comments:

  1. I need eye bleach for that last pix!

    and yeah, some of those post cards are in VERY poor taste/downright racist!

    marilyn is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was alL fun and games until that last one.

    MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well , for not being in the mood, you sure did fine some dossu eye treats!!! Because of the last picture, I'll always prefer "skin wieners" I mean, skinless wieners. But you already knew that probably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I also can't apparently spell today either. Its these damn small keys, and huge hands,lol.

      Delete
  4. Great July 4th gallery, Jon. And I do know what it celebrates: who could forget the founding fathers signing the Ten Commandments?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gonna share that eye bleach, Anne Marie?

    Admittedly an oddball, firecrackers have never held much appeal for me. One of my h.s. classmates was blinded by one gone wrong; and in recent years the news is full of gawd-awful acts involving crackers and canines.
    Hand me a box of sparklers and I'll be a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well up to standard.Its your comments that are the icing on the cake.You have a very English sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE 'em all. But particularly that cute kitty. Let's hear it for the RED, WHITE and BLUE. We know how to advertise independence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I want to know where you find these--LOL!
    Man! Have times ever changed. Well, except for the patriotic babe. I'm sure there are still lots of those around. I think they shop at Walmart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Already this holiday week-end two men have lost a hand. Not kids, men. How stupid can some people be?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post...fine collection of images!

    ReplyDelete