magyar moon

magyar moon

Friday, November 18, 2016

CHERISHED THANKSGIVING PHOTOS

I initially planned to post these on my other blog, but decided to put them here in a feeble attempt to give you some laughs.

Just for the record, I'm not related to anyone in these photos - - - all of which have reinforced my intense disdain for Thanksgiving family gatherings.

 Take this, you turkey-loving bastards!

It's photos like this that make me know why the Indians wanted to kill us.


Thanksgiving: a perfect excuse to make complete fools out of innocent babies 

 Years from now, he's going to look at this photo and wish he hadn't been holding that ear of corn in such a precarious place

 A nice family photo, but what the hell is that dead thing on the lawn?

 A few cigarette ashes in the mashed potatoes never hurt anyone

"Try some of my Cranberry Surprise, dearie."

 It's probably best to keep the puppy outside when you plan to take family photos

There's no turkey on the table, but I do see plenty of meat.

Twenty years later, Aunt Stella still hasn't forgiven Uncle Steve for sleeping with Cousin Milton.

Not everybody looks good in turkey leotards

 Turkeys Galore

Save a drumstick for Aunt Bertha

 Billy just lost his contact lens in the turkey!

Never drink before dinner

Redneck tailgate Thanksgiving


19 comments:

  1. Wherever do you find these goofball pictures .... lol. I enjoy your commentary more though. Totally funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's surprising what can be found on the Internet. I'm glad you enjoy my commentary - - I always simply write the very first thing that pops into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like that Redneck tailgate Thanksgiving. To heck with fancy and formal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tailgate Thanksgiving looks good to me. Simple and easy!

      Delete
  4. The man in the "turkey sock".....I think I saw his giblets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exposed giblets are the least of his problems....

      Delete
  5. Too funny, Jon!
    The only scene that looked vaguely appealing was the tail-gate. I agree, with Paula ... to h*** with fancy/formal. We're doing Black Angus again this year. In the words of my late father, "THIS year I'm think I'm thankful for prime rib."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My "fancy" days are definitely over. McDonald hamburgers look OK to me.
      But prime rib is better....

      Delete
  6. Ok, admit it Jon, these are really your photos aren't they? Lol. That poor,poor cat in the first photo. While for the next 364 days she should have the rights to claw any and all eyes out. And the boy with the corn cob??? He looks very attached to it. Nothing like learning and experimenting early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The expression on the cat in that first photo says it all.

      The secret is out - - these are all of my long lost relatives.

      Delete
  7. Re:"Try some of my Cranberry Surprise, dearie." I can read micro-expressions in adolescents and am certain that poor girl is being hectored by a paper plate full of Aunt Dementia's zombie barf. Yes, it's an old photo and the dish has since been replaced with "candied yams" but REALLY it's the same stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the cranberry surprise photo is the funniest. It's like the witch and the innocent maiden.

      Delete
  8. They were really funny Jon, where did you find them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I "lifted" all of these from the Internet. Next, I'm going to try to find some family Xmas photos.

      Delete
  9. OH NO !!!!
    Jon you found my family holiday snaps from the past, I thought I had burnt all of them.
    OK not my family but there were a couple of shots which triggered some memories. Got to love the holidays…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary, unfortunately we ALL have these kinds of weirdos in our families.

      Delete
  10. Of all the many family and friends gatherings we've hosted over the years, not once... not ONCE, I tell ya... did anyone ever come to the table wearing a Speedo. (But if anyone looked as good as the dude in your picture, there's a slight possibility he would have been encouraged to do so.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dude in that photo has inspired me to exercise - - but it's twenty years too late...

      Delete
  11. That guy in the Speedo is certainly worth cherishing.

    ReplyDelete